Moving into C# (sharp)




Recently I've become involved with projects that require C#.

Since I've developed an affinity for Object Oriented Programming and the use of Classes, C# has become rather appealing to me.

Without getting into too much historical detail, C# was developed by Microsoft around the year 2000. It was meant to be an improvement upon C++, hence the sharp “#” symbol, indicating a sort of stacked set of four plus symbols “++++”.

A number of things in C# stand out with me. Especially the ease of implementation of graphics and database interfaces. As well as how easy it is to work with objects and classes.

I can think of a number of programs I've been wanting to write over the years which C# may do quite nicely. One thing that's been holding me back on most of my development projects is the lack of ability to cross compile between different Operating Systems. But apparently there are a number of resources available for both Mac and Linux that might get me to my cross-platform goal.

I should be able to post an article about my adventures developing in C# sometime soon. But before then I want to make certain I've my head wrapped around C#. The new programming conventions and habits I've picked up while studying has made code organization and application documentation much easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security Bulletin: Microsoft Patch Tuesday and Netflix Freeze scam

Wrapping up my first C# project.