Nerd Cave Tutorial - Using Windows file and folder properties
Understanding and using Windows file and folder properties.
Accessing file and folder properties in Windows will give you access to a variety of specific options for each item.
There are a number of options available to you when you access the "properties" of a file or folder, like viewing specific details about a file or folder, setting a default application when you double-click a file in Windows Explorer or setting specific security and permissions for a file or folder.
Also, keep The Nerd Cave in mind if you have issues with your computer. The Nerd Cave offers REMOTE Technical Support. Just pick up your phone and receive technical support right over the phone.
Some basic maintenance checks include:
- Checking for slow start-up programs.
- Removing unwanted background programs that could be slowing down your computer.
- Virus and malware scanning.
- Making sure effective Anti-Virus software is installed and working.
- Scanning for a corrupt file system that could lead to damaged or missing files in the future.
- Checking for possible hardware upgrades that could improve PC performance.
I also offer a number of personalized computer services such as resolving specific software or configuration issues with your computer or other hardware.
Jeffrey Cobb (Owner/Operator)